La Poulasa 2020
La Vizcaina de Vinos
$39.9894 pts WA RP -Luis Gutierrez
The 2020 La Vizcaína La Poulosa reflects the new approach to harvesting the grapes earlier and has a contained 13.5% alcohol. The wine is fresher and more vibrant, with less extraction and softer. This is a very challenging and ripe vineyard, and achieving a wine like this is a real triumph. Some 9,000 bottles were produced.
- Village: Valtuille de Abajo
- Vineyard: La Poulosa
- Year of plantation: 1940
- Hectares: 2
- Altitude: 550 meters ASL
- Soil: Clay with river stones
- Orientation: East
- Plant density: 4200 vines / hectare
- Varieties: Mostly Mencía with Bastardo (Trousseau) and Garnacha Tintorera (Alicante Bouschet)
- Elaboration: Fermentation in large oak vats with 80% whole clusters. 60-day maceration followed by one year in 225-liter used French barrels. Bottled without fining or filtration.