Wine & Soul
Douro Valley, Portugal
If you want to know and understand what a great, inexpensive, Douro wine tastes like, this is your wine! It evolves from the bottle gaining breadth and complexity in spades! I have had this a few times over the last month and it is literally my favorite red under $25 at the moment!
My Tasting Note
I tasted the 2021 and think it was one of the best versions of this wine ever made. The nose rises up from the glass with pure, fresh and very pleasant red to dark red fruits like cherries, currants and blueberries, the terroir that comes through via stone notes that are a little smoky, this is quite the bottle of wine. Med/Med+ bodied, this has fresh acidity that is perfectly integrated. The finish is fresh and long, pulling you back in for one more sniff snd sip.
60% Touriga Nacional
25% Touriga Franca
10% Tinta Roriz
5% Tinta Francisca
- Foot-trodden in open granite lagares fermented for 8 days at low temperatures.
- Aged for 16 months in used French barriques
- Vines average 43 years-old
- A classic representation of Douro Valley terroir at a GREAT price
- Steep schist hard rock terraces