Clement + Jerome
$24.99 on 4+ (code: 4saves3)
My Tasting Note: Medium ruby color, you can see through the sample pour. A med+ perfume in the nose of spicy red strawberry, red currants and cranberries, lots of lifted red fruits that rise easily with a swirl. Granite mineral notes and the spice and savory from the stems is a nice accent to the bright fruit. The palate is med/med+ in body, with medium acidity and tannin that add a youthful structure. The flavors fan out over the palate and descend into a med+ finish that shows the light structure of the youthful and ripe tannins. Very nice!
- Age of the vines: 30 to 60+ years
- Tiny Production: 1,250 cases
- Full Stem inclusion - stems are tasted and gauged for ripeness in addition to the grapes
- 8 days of whole-harvest maceration and fermentation (semi-carbonic)
- 12 months aging in concrete vats (no steel or wood)