Chateau les Barraillots
55% Cabernet Sauvignon
5% Cabernet Franc & Petit Verdot
$29.99 on 6 or more (code: 6saves3)
This is classic Margaux - silky, fine, and smoothly structured red wines from the left bank of the Medoc amongst the grand cru classes communes. The name Barraillots comes from barrails that means the small fences surrounding the parcels.
The 2018s from Bordeaux are extremely good and the best examples tend to be rich and powerful with great depth of color, aromatics and acidity. The Wine Advocate lauds the vintage – saying “the 2018s are mind-blowingly incredible” The name Barraillots comes from barrails that means the small fences surrounding the parcels.
- Terroir: a gravelly, gently sloping hillside, giving the vineyards great drainage but is also one of the highest elevations in Margaux
- Average vine age of 50 years, some topping out at 90 with some original vines from the acquisition
- Fermentation in stainless steel and cement vats, temperature control of the fermentation
- Aging: 12 to 14 months in French oak barrels of which 20% are new
- Barraillots is the last small and independent wine producer in Margaux and one of only a few “Crus Artisans” in the Margaux appellation.
- The vineyards were obtained from Palmer and Durfort in 1928 and 1933. It is situated among the highest elevations in the commune and the soil type is permeable gravel.